On 28 Nov 2018, six deserving students from the three ITE Colleges received the ITE-SBR Youth Eco Ambassador Award at Siloso Beach Resort. Among them, Muhammad Faaiz bin Faris, President of The Environmental Club, Higher Nitec in Electronics Engineering, ITE College East received the Outstanding ITE-SBR Youth Eco Ambassador Award.
He represented Singapore in the OVEC 3rd International Convention Students’ Innovation Project at Chonburi – his team presented an environmental project (Intelligent Watering System) to the delegates and won the Best Award. Faaiz led his team of Eco members to be the volunteers for the Bridge Warrior Initiative at ITE College East. He is also the winner of the HSBC/NYAA Youth Environmental Award 2018 and is on a fully sponsored environmental study trip to Switzerland from 12 to 20 Dec 2018.
The ITE-SBR Youth Eco Ambassador Award is jointly conferred by the Institute of Technical Education (ITE) and the Siloso Beach Resort (SBR). The award aims to recognise the effort, contribution and commitment of ITE students in environmental conservation.
The five recipients who received the ITE-SBR Youth Eco Ambassador Award are:
- Tan Geok Jie, President of Greenery Club, HNitec in Electronics Engineering, ITE College Central
- Muhammad Danish Alfain bin Fuadi, Vice President Eco Club, HNitec in Maritime Business, ITE College Central
- Lau Jia Liang, President of Green Ambassador Club, HNitec in Service Management, ITE College West
- Isaac, Anthony Moh Fei Zhi, Vice President of ACE Club, HNitec in Mechatronics Engineering, ITE College West
- Chew Sheng Lang Draman, Vice President of The Environmental Club, Nitec in Electrical Engineering, ITE College East
Recipients of the ITE-SBR Youth Eco Ambassador Award each received a plaque from ITE and $150 cash presented by Siloso Beach Resort and the recipient of the Outstanding Youth Eco Ambassador Award received a plaque and $250 cash. The plaques are specially made by Mechanical Engineering team from ITE College East, MakerSpace.
From left to right: Tan Geok Jie, Isaac Anthony Moh Fei Zhi, Lau Jia Liang,
Mr Kelvin Ng, Mr Lim Teck Lee, Muhammad Faaiz bin Faris, Muhammad Danish Alfain bin Fuadi, Chew Sheng Lang Draman