- Mars Rover Curiosity Measures Red Planet Radiation
- July hottest month on record in US
- Sink or Swim: 6 Ways to Adapt to Climate Change
Wild geoengineering schemes may aim to reverse global warming by reflecting sunlight into space or storing excess carbon dioxide, but they won't spare humanity from living through climate change in the next several decades. That means humans must adapt to life in a world where droughts hit harder, floodwaters rise higher and entire island nations may sink beneath the waves.
- Could Space Mirrors Stop Global Warming?
The record-breaking temperatures of the past few years are getting more people thinking about bigger solutions to climate change. Ideas once thought of as wacky are now receiving careful consideration, including an idea that sounds straight out of science fiction: cooling the earth by launching reflective mirrors into space.
- Climate: US call for ‘flexibility’ on warming spurs row